Egg Donation at AFCC
Whether you’re donating your eggs or seeking eggs from a donor, we can help.
Donor egg treatment at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago
Using Donor Eggs
IVF with donor eggs is an effective treatment for infertility, but success rates aren’t the same at every clinic. Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago has one of the best egg donation programs in the US.
Our live birth success rate per transfer was 75.7% for 2017 for fresh donor eggs
USA national average for 2017 was 50.7%
- Excellent success rates
- Large, diverse donor base
- Fresh and frozen eggs, available now
We currently have Chicago area egg donors available interested in donating eggs. We do not have any waiting lists for couples needing an egg donor — and we also have a frozen donor egg bank with eggs ready to be used immediately.
Candidates for Donor Eggs?
We might recommend using donor eggs if you:
- have experienced premature ovarian failure (early menopause)
- have very poor egg quality
- responded poorly to ovarian stimulation
- are of advanced female age
- You’ll choose an appropriate egg donor. Most commonly, in our clinic, recipients choose the donor from our list of anonymous pre-screened egg donors.
- Consents are signed by all parties.
- For a cycle using fresh eggs, the donor is stimulated with injected medications to develop multiple eggs before they are retrieved from the ovaries. If frozen eggs are being used, the eggs are thawed for use.
- We perform IVF with the donor eggs and appropriate sperm.
- You’ll be given medications to prepare your uterus for an embryo transfer.
Choosing a Donor
At any given moment, Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago has 60-80 Chicago area egg donors available, and many of these are proven donors. We are continuously recruiting new, well-qualified donors so that we can maintain an extensive and diverse pool for recipient parents.
Donors are thoroughly screened for ovarian reserve, infectious diseases and genetically transmissible conditions. They can be known or anonymous to the recipient.
Our patients have access to donor photographs and the complete donor database with specific, detailed information about every donor, including:
- medical history
- social history
- family history
- a psychological evaluation
- intelligence test results (IQ)