Your Fertility & COVID 19: What You Need To Know Moving Forward.
Patient Update – September 1st, 2020
We are open and have initiated a safe and controlled re-start of all treatment cycles. We understand that this has been a challenging and frustrating time for many of our patients who, like us, are actively monitoring all developments related to the evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. As always, the safety of our patients, staff and community remain our top priority.
What services are currently available?
New and established patients may currently start or resume these services.
- Virtual physician consultations – both new and follow-up patients
- Diagnostic fertility testing (ultrasound and bloodwork, hysterosalpingogram [HSG], ERA, semen analysis)
- Ovulation induction (OI)
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- In vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Fresh and Frozen embryo transfer (FET)
- Third Party Cycles (Embryo creation with donor eggs, Gestational surrogacy cases)
Please be advised of the following updates to clinic operations:
1) Patients are required to wear masks while onsite.
In compliance with state and local ordinances, all individuals are required to wear face masks while onsite. All patients need to wear a face mask or facial protection that covers both mouth and nose in order to enter the facility. Please note, our office is unable to provide patients with face masks – each patient is responsible for obtaining his or her own mask. If a patient cannot secure a medical-grade face mask, the following are acceptable face protection options: any bandana, scarf, or handmade mask that fully covers the mouth and nose.
2) Our office will continue our guest limitation policy.
In observance of social distancing practices and to minimize the number of individuals onsite at a given time, only the scheduled patient will be admitted to the facility. All patients visiting AFCC for morning monitoring, bloodwork, or imaging scans are not permitted visitors or companions at this time. Children are not permitted onsite. We apologize for any inconvenience; however we are committed to protecting the safety of our patients and staff by limiting the number of individuals in our office.
Partners will be allowed on the premises for the following procedures/consultations:
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Egg retrieval
- Fresh or frozen embryo transfer (FET)
- Pregnancy ultrasounds
- New patient consultations
3) All patients will be screened for temperature and health at entry.
To protect our patients, staff, and current (and future!) families, every individual entering the office will be subject to a temperature screening and will be screened for COVID-19 related symptoms.
4) Cycle Disruption Policy
If an individual demonstrates symptoms of illness during a treatment cycle, or if the individual tests positive for COVID-19 during the course of their treatment, the cycle will be cancelled or suspended.
If this cancellation or suspension occurs prior to retrieval, we will issue a credit balance in accordance with services rendered during the cycle. Credit balances will be established on a case-by-case basis. We are not able to extend credit toward products or services provided by third parties (products or services provided by third parties include but not limited to medications, phlebotomy, anesthesia, genetic testing, tissue storage fees, etc).
New Patient Consults
We are happy to offer consultations for new and existing patients, via in-person or telemedicine.
We understand that questions may arise as for patients initiating or resuming fertility treatment during this unprecedented time. Our staff is available to answer all questions concerning your care and will continue to provide guidance and support as patients make progress toward their family building goals. Our goal is for each patient to start or resume testing and/or treatment as soon as they are ready.
As always, we remain committed to your safety and to serving you throughout your fertility journey. Our goal is to help you take the necessary steps towards starting a family in a safe, supportive environment, whenever you feel comfortable. We hope to see you soon, whether in our clinic or via telemedicine, in order to ensure you can resume your journey to parenthood as quickly as possible.
- CDC guidelines for COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- ASRM guidelines for COVID-19: https://www.asrm.org/news-and-publications/covid-19/statements/patient-management-and-clinical-recommendations-during-the-coronavirus-covid-19-pandemic/?_ga=2.155024440.1436150292.1585580250-1783089908.1581101949