- Age and Fertility
- CDC Report on Fertility Clinic IVF Success Rates
- Chromosomal Abnormalities in Eggs
- Donor Eggs
- Egg Banking
- Egg Donation
- Egg Donation Cost
- Egg Freezing
- Egg quality
- Embryo freezing
- Embryo implantation
- Fertility Preservation
- Frozen embryo transfer
- IVF Clinic Success Rates
- IVF Cost
- IVF Poor Responders
- IVF success rates
- Low ovarian reserve
- Micro IVF
- Mild IVF
- Mini IVF
- Minimal Stimulation IVF
- Number of IVF Embryos to Transfer
- Oocyte Cryopreservation
- Ovarian Reserve
- Ovarian Reserve Tests
- Preimplantation Genetic Screening
- Single Embryo Transfer
Fertility, IVF and Egg Donation
Age and female fertility and waiting to have babies
- A recent report on the average age at first childbirth from the CDC’s National Center for Health Statistics showed that as of 2006, women in the US waited an average of 3.6 years longer to have their first baby, as compared to 1970.
- There is not enough discussion in our society about the effect of age on fertility.
- Women’s liberation is a good thing and women have made very significant advances over the past 40 years. Many women are pursuing advanced education and careers.
- However, there is a potential “disconnect” involved. Women are waiting longer to have children – but many are not educated about what that delay can do to their fertility.
These days, many couples try to have their first child when the woman is in her mid-to-late 30s. Some will get pregnant easily, and others end up needing fertility treatments. (continue reading…)
Welcome to the
Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago Blog
Richard Sherbahn, MD is a Board Certified Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility specialist.
Dr. Sherbahn founded the Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago in 1997.
He will post regularly about fertility issues.
Subscribe To This Blog
RSS feed: Fertility, IVF and Egg Donation
- Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago Offers Two Low Cost Fertility Screening Packages
- SART Releases 2014 IVF Success Rate Report
- Which is better, fresh or frozen embryo transfer for IVF?
- IVF Genetic Testing Improves Embryo Implantation
- 2013 SART IVF Success Rate Report Released
- IVF Success Rate Report Released – 2012 SART Report
- Using Frozen Eggs for Egg Donation
- CDC Releases 2011 IVF Success Rates Report
- SART Releases 2011 IVF Success Rate Report with Outcome Results for All IVF Clinics
- Growth Hormone to Boost IVF Success Rates in Poor Responders
Browse by tagsAge Age and Fertility CDC clinic success rate reports Delayed childbearing donor egg bank donor egg ivf donor egg program donor egg success rates Egg quality Egg quantity Fertility Fertility clinic Fertility doctor Fertility treatment Guidelines In vitro fertilization IVF IVF number of embryos transferred Multiple pregnancy Nadya Suleman Octomom oocyte cryopreservation Ovarian reserve Regulations Report Risks SART Success Success rate
- Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Center for Disease Control, CDC
- Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology, SART
Visit our friends
A few highly recommended friends...